Saturday, July 12, 2008

my blog title



Have you ever wondered that even if you try your best to go against the grain, go against the stereotypes, yet the others put you right back? I guess that's where my blog name came from. There were rice paddies everywhere when I lived in Asia for 3 years and other foreigners always asked me about the rice and the rice paddies. I guess because I am Asian, somehow I know or should know everything about rice. Well...I grew up most of my life in suburb of Philly and no... no rice paddies near where I grew up. Even though I still don't know much about rice, I do want to be a maven (definition 2b) in others things - like how to travel light, how to blend in with the locals, etc. Traveling is one of my passion and photography is another...

No comments: