Saturday, August 9, 2008

아이덴테티

2008년 베이징 올림픽이 드디어 막을 올렸다. 어제 개막식을 보면서 나왔던 말은 "대단하다" 밖에 없었다. 정말로 소름이 돗칠정도로 대.단.한. 개막식 쇼였다. 2012년도 올림픽은 어디서 할지는 모르지만 베이징 올림픽 한수위로 할려면 꽤나 힘들것 같다.
방금전에 다음에서 한국 수영선수가 남자 400m 자유형에서 금메달을 따냈다는 것을 봤다. 그리고 한국이 미국다음을 이어 세계 2위라는 것을 봤다. 내가 자란 펜실바니아주보다 작은 한국이 세계 2위다! 눈물이 핑-하고 돌았다. 이거야 말로 정말 대단한것이 아닐까?

글쎄...한국, 미국 둘다 잘했음이 나의 바램이다. 한국이 메달을 딸때마다 눈물이 나고, 미국이 메달을 딸때도 마음이 푸듯하다. 글쎄...내 정체성...내 아이덴테티...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the last two Korean classes, I brought in Olympics and ranking as topics to make kids learn and practice numbers. At that time, Korea was ranked 6th or something, by which kids weren't that impressed. So I gave all the numbers about total population of the world, of China, of the US, and of Korea. Well, I'm not a big fan of Olympics and I always try to keep some distance from an emotional patriotism arounsed by international sports games. But then it seems that some achievements Koreans made in its history were fairly great and perhaps this Olympics might be one of them. I am proud that Korean teams have shown fair plays and strong mental power in baseball, Taewondo, handball, wrestling, archery, etc.